Monday, June 28, 2010

So once I wrote a poem

It was about a sparrow. It goes something like this:

The Sparrow
I once had a sparrow
Nimble, lean, narrow
Red and blue and white and black
I dreamt of flight atop its back
In spring rains or summer heat
My sparrow and I would daily meet
I loved that sparrow, gentle and kind
It shed a new light upon my mind
I loved it so very much
There are times now when I can almost feel its touch
And it loved me too
Even when I’d bid it to shoo
But spring and summer surely faded
My sparrow left me jaded
It ran away with love of the fall
Even thought it promised it’d be here through it all
Fall left with leaves strewn around
My whole life- askew on the ground
Winter came- frigid and cold
If only that sparrow was mine to hold
Finally the dawn of spring broke
On my tears I would choke
The thoughts of my sparrow
Were ending and narrow
I sat alone in the frozen sun
Looked out over the little ones
Felt a familiar tap on my head
I looked up and my heart nearly stopped dead
There was my sparrow
For me, nimble and narrow
It had returned
For me, it had returned

And when I wrote it, I thought nothing of it.
Tell me what you think.

Stay rad,
Riley

No comments: