Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Friends

so a comment by David (http://thattheologystudent.blogspot.com/) got me thinking about friendships. I Don't think we're alwaYs goOd friends to the people we love. think about it- do yoU always call when your friend says they're only having an oKay day? or are you too "busy"? i kNow that there are a lot Of times when i am. i lose sight of who i love because of all things in the World that I don't love. And tell Me- do you know what terrifies your friendS? do you know how to make them feel better? i know that i don't always know what to do. beCause there's this silly problem thAt each and eveRyone of us havE. it's calleD being human. which means that it's okay to not always be there, it's okay to mess up, because if you didn't mess up, you'd have no stories, no memories, no ideas, no semblance of right and wrong, and no joy. if you didn't mess up you wouldn't be you. and honestly, you are what attracts friends. so try your best, but that's all you can do- try your best. so don't sweat the little things, don't sweat the things that you can't fix. all that's going to cause is worry. you're perfect, just the way you are.

stay rad,
riley

P.S. Did you find my secret?

2 comments:

David said...

Thanks for the link - I've taken down your comment, not because I don't think it's relevant or helpful, but because I don't want the other party to see it.

Sorry about that. Thanks though. And yes, I saw your secret. Sorry to hear that. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Riley said...

David- no problem. I hope everything works out for you man.