Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Deployment

What does that word actually mean?
Merriam Webster says that it means
1
a : to extend (a military unit) especially in width b : to place in battle formation or appropriate positions
2
: to spread out, utilize, or arrange for a deliberate purpose <deploy a sales force> <deploy a parachute>


But to me, it means goodbye.
Fare well.
Good luck.
Don't die.

So, to that one that is more to me than I think he knows, that is a friend and a savior and a mentor and a shoulder and a voice and a philosophy major and an English major and a history major and a secret barber shop quartet member and a driver home of random adolescents:
You promised me you wouldn't get shot in the face.
And I'm holding you to that.
And in the ways that you understand, I love you. Stay safe.

Stay rad,
Riley

No comments: